Diet, in general terms, is the amount of food ingested by a person, according to their tastes and needs. It should be varied and balanced being formed by different groups of food, cover all the energy needs and nutrients of the person. In other words, the daily diet is that we eat or we eat every day to keep our vital functions.
If our eating does not meet these basic nutrient needs, our health will suffer. One of the most recommended diet by nutritionists, the famous Mediterranean diet, because of its variety and type of foods is absolutely beneficial to health.
Therefore, the term diet should not be referred only to those who must follow a special type of food, either to reduce weight, increase it, by deficiencies, or other diseases, which if they are characterized by the removal or addition of certain foods, as appropriate.
The basis of a good daily diet are:
– including a variety of foods in a balanced way,
– to be moderate in refined sugars, saturated fat and salt,
– allowing to maintain ideal weight corresponding to a good health without sharp fluctuations.
Unfortunately, the bad reputation of diets is due to countless miraculous and surrealist proposals that promise instant and effortless results. The miraculous promises are totally false and dangerous for our body because they are very poor diets in calories and nutrients. Their nutritional imbalances lead to fall resulting in diseases and nutritional deficiencies.
A low-calorie diet should always be supported by a specialist in the field, in this way, to ensure that it contains all the necessary nutrients corresponding to the individual, depending on age, sex, and activity. That is, appropriate to each individual, always with the rate and calorie reduction deemed necessary.
Hypocaloric diet, along with exercise, is the only solution to overweight and obesity. The purpose of these diets is to achieve a reduction in body weight, then get a subsequent maintenance, without rebound effect.
Following a low-calorie diet, the person does not have to go hungry, but on the contrary, it must contain foods that generate satiety but with fewer calories. The success of a low-calorie diet depends on the correct choice of food, the amount and forms of cooking and it helps a lot in daily physical activity to accompany her.
Key points of a healthy low-calorie diet
– The basic foods that should be present in these diets include the skim milk (skim), eggs, lean meats, fish, fruits, and vegetables. The complex carbohydrates such as rice, pasta, bread and potatoes should be present in reduced amount and legumes once a week.
– Cooking should avoid fried, sautéed, chipped in oils, butter or fats. I recommend cooking by boiling, steaming and porridges, grilling, and try to conserve and cooking in the food own juice.
– Reduce salt intake. To be minimal or avoided, fluid retention is prevented, in addition to excess is not a good nutritional intake.
– Every day is recommended to drink 1.5 to 2 liters of water. This is essential as a means of removing toxins.
– Never avoid or skip meals. Therefore, you must perform five daily meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks or snacks. A snack in mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
– The breakfast should always be eaten, is the intake that triggers our body and that provide the calories needed to start the day. This should never miss carbohydrates. Whether bread, biscuits, toast or cereal, should never miss.
– Dinner should be lighter than lunch because metabolism slows down at night, where more calories in that time range, will accumulate as fat reserves.
– Fruits should be eaten as snacks accompanied with some low-fat dairy such as yogurt .
– Lunch and dinner should consist of vegetables and some food rich in protein (lean meat, fish or eggs). As a dessert, you can add a yogurt or dietary gelatin.
– Complex carbohydrates: rice, pasta, potatoes and bread should be eaten on a weekly basis. Always at lunch and not dinner.
– Include oils only raw as salad dressing and vegetables.
– Mainly avoid all food that is rich in fats, refined sugars, and alcoholic beverages. Example: sauces, fried foods, pastries, and snacks .
Following these guidelines and accompanying them with some daily exercise, you will achieve a safe weight reduction, agility, and good health. This is the real objective that justifies the effort to change our habits to change to improve our health. Discover an example of low-calorie diet, the 1800 calorie diet on www.weightofthenation.org/1800-calorie-diet-plan-menu-diabetic/.